Navigating your first fertility consultation can be daunting. Arm yourself with a notebook and pen, and consider asking these key questions to gain a comprehensive understanding of your fertility journey:
- Would you recommend starting with Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) or In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)?
- If we opt for IUI, what are the chances of success?
- How many IUI cycles would you suggest before considering a transition to IVF?
- What are my personal success rates with IVF?
- Would you advise Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) on the embryos? Could you explain why?
- How frequently will I need to visit the clinic during my IUI or IVF cycle?
- Are there any lifestyle changes my partner and I can make to enhance our fertility?
- Are there specific supplements we should consider? (CoQ10, DHEA, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12)
- Are there any measures he can take to improve sperm quality or quantity?
- Should we abstain from sexual intercourse during treatment?
- Should we avoid activities like using saunas or hot tubs?
- Are there any physical activities we should refrain from during this period?
- What sets your clinic apart from others?
- Are there any pertinent questions I may have overlooked?
Remember, understanding your menstrual cycle, tracking ovulation, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle can play a significant role in your fertility journey. Tools like fertility apps can be a great aid in this process.